EAI VALUETOOLS 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference (with an on-site possibility).
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
Although we will miss having everyone meet and connect in person, we feel strongly that knowledge exchange must continue, if not more so. That is why we have equipped our online conferences with live viewing with chat, virtual Q&A, and a multitude of other measures to provide you with a great experience. Learn more about EAI’s online conferences.
If the situation allows it, the event will take place in its original location with an option to present remotely. In any case, all matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
ValueTools 2021 focuses on methodologies and practices in modelling, performance evaluation and optimization of complex systems. It brings together researchers from different communities including Computer Science, Networks and Telecommunications, Operations Research, Optimization, Control Theory and Manufacturing.
ValueTools 2021 solicits previously unpublished contributions that propose new performance evaluation methodologies and new tools.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
Valuetools 2021 solicits papers describing original and novel research on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Stochastic processes & models
- Queues and queueing networks
- Asymptotic analysis (mean field, fluid approximations, large deviations)
- Discrete event dynamic systems
- Simulation optimization
- Markov decision processes
- Game theory & algorithmic game theory
- Optimization and control theory
- Process algebras, Petri nets
- Machine learning and data analytics
- Reinforcement learning in queues
- Telecommunication and computer systems
- Wireless networks (5G/6G, sensor, ad-hoc networks)
- Cloud and Edge/Fog computing systems
- Internet of Things
- Energy systems and Smart grids
- Social networks
- Economic systems
- Healthcare systems
- Biological systems
- Manufacturing systems & supply chains
- Transportation systems
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
VALUETOOLS proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of a selection of best papers will be given the opportunity to submit an extended version of their work for publication in a special issue of the journal:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access) – indexed in ESCI & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
- Regular papers should be 10-20 pages in length.
- Short papers should be 6-9 pages in length.
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
1 May 20 May 2021
24 June 2021
29 July 2021
Start of Conference
29 October 2021
End of Conference
31 October 2021